Parents who homeschool in Brookshire, Texas can enjoy the comforts of country life with all of the amenities of the city of Houston nearby. Parents can engage their children in a variety of activities and field trips to nearby attractions and join in a number of area homeschooling groups. If you've been considering homeschooling your children in Brookshire, or would like to find others who also educate their children at home, the following support groups can assist you in this endeavor.
Homeschool in Brookshire Groups
Brookshire, Texas is a small town with approximately 3,450 residents. Despite the size of the town, the number of homeschooling families and support groups are plentiful. The following groups serve the Brookshire, Katy, Sealy, Fulshear and North Houston areas:
- North Houston Charlotte Mason Support Group - join this group and learn more about the Charlotte Mason method of homeschooling.
- PALS Homeschool Group - join an enthusiastic group of families that enjoy homeschooling in the North Houston area. Membership is open to all and there is no statement of faith.
- Tomball Christian Homeschoolers - for homeschooling families in the Northwest Houston area. Any family, regardless of faith, is welcome to join.
- Fulshear Homeschoolers - an online support group for the Fulshear and surrounding area homeschooling families.
- Heritage Christian Homeschool - open to Christian families homeschooling in the Northwest Houston and surrounding areas.
Some of the benefits of joining a homeschool support group include meeting new friends, getting children of all ages together to socialize and having assistance navigating the local school system requirements. In addition, many groups can receive discounts on field trips, curriculums, school supplies and much more.The cost of membership varies from group to group. Some groups only charge a family membership rate, while others charge per month or semester. Choose which group best fits your needs and budget.
For those that don't want to go it alone, consider joining a group for those who homeschool in Brookshire. Families will find the support they need and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow educators and children in the area.